Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hello and Welcome

Yes, hello. Welcome. Greetings. This is a blog dedicated to my Music Education Voice and Choral Methods Class at Memorial University of Newfoundland, in St. John's, NL, Canada. This blog will serve as a tool to post materials and responses to class work in the course. Hopefully there will be responses from my fellow classmates as well, which will prompt some conversation in the comments. If you are just randomly following along, please feel free to engage in the conversation as well.

I am currently enrolled in the Music Education program there, after having just finished my Bachelor of Music with a major in performance and minor in composition, my focus being tuba. I aspire to be a high school instrumental educator, so the voice and choral world is a new experience for me. That said, I'm excited to learn about it, as many aspects and ideas of it can be used in any musical setting. My part time job is in the Canadian Forces Reserves as a musician of The Royal Newfoundland Regiment Band. My hope is to eventually take a Masters in Conducting as well.

Looking forward to get the ball rolling on this blog. Check back for new posts soon!

1 comment: